Please contact us at (812) 855-0829 or email@example.com to obtain information contained in the documents below in an accessible format.
IDAH News: 2007-2016
- Mellon Innovating International Research, Teaching, and Collaboration keynote "Implementing New Knowledge Environments 2.0" with Ray Siemens (English and Computer Science, University of Victoria), September 3, 2015.
- Virginia Kuhn meets with HASTAC Scholars and “Introduction to Digital Arts and Humanities” class, October 20, 2014.
- IDAH fellow Ruth Stone (Ethnomusicology) participates in a panel discussion on the Ebola epidemic in Liberia, October 15, 2014.
- Willeke Wendrich meets with HASTAC Scholars and “Introduction to Digital Arts and Humanities” class, presenting “Virtual Visits and Real-time Cultural Heritage Preservation: digital research and representations of ancient buildings and landscapes”, September 25, 2014.
- Philip Ethington meets with HASTAC Scholars and “Introduction to Digital Arts and Humanities” class in connection with his keynote for IU Mellon conference, "International Scholarship from the Age of Empire to the Age of Digital Globalism," September 5, 2014.
- IDAH fellow John A. Walsh, associate professor of library and information science in the School of Informatics and Computing and H. Wayne Storey, professor of Italian, were awarded $275,000 over three years for “The Petrarchive Project: An Online Edition of 366 Poems by Petrarch.” July 31, 2014.
- IDAH fellow Stacie King receives grant to build a digital museum, organize workshops, May 13, 2014.
- IU's new Catapult initiative facilitates research and education in the digital humanities, Sept. 18, 2012
- IDAH fellow John Walsh (Information Science) uses image and text analysis tools for his peer-reviewed digital collection on the life and work of Algernon Charles Swinburne.
- IDAH fellows Carmen Téllez (Conducting), Margaret Dolinsky (Digital Art), and Elizabeth Shea (Choreography) collaborate with composer Don Freund and others on "Passion with Tropes", May 4, 2011.
- IU Fellowships Support Collaborative Projects in Informatics and Digital Arts and Humanities, Jan 14, 2011
- EVIA Digital Archive and the Kelley Direct Global Leaders Network featured in Adobe Showcase: "Video: the new vernacular"
- IU team reveals secret life of Isaac Newton on new website, June 14, 2010
- Tracy M. Sonneborn Award and Provost Professors announced, March 22, 2010
- Digital institute welcomes third class of fellows, Feb. 18, 2010
- Study of media at IU Bloomington reveals critical preservation needs, Oct. 1, 2009
- One image, too much information: TILE grant will bring documents, knowledge together, Oct. 15, 2009
- New technologies take opera to next level in experimental performance, Oct. 5, 2009
- IU Press shares grant to publish ethnomusicology books, multimedia, Oct. 1, 2009
- IU Jacobs Professor Jeffrey Hass awarded Bogliasco Fellowship, April 29, 2009
- Second class of faculty fellows at work in innovative IU institute, April 17, 2009
- Exhibit of digital work marks opening of Institute for Digital Arts and Humanities, Feb. 23, 2009
- IDAH fellows Jeffrey Hass (Composition) and Elizabeth Shea (Choreography) collaborate on "Unstrung," an abstract work for dance, processed violin and interactive electronics.
- Technology, art come together, Indiana Daily Student, Feb. 14, 2008
- Jacobs School composer receives two prestigious honors, Feb. 14, 2008
- New Institute for Digital Arts and Humanities will advance faculty work, Jan. 31, 2008