What is HASTAC?
Humanities, Arts, Science, and Technology Alliance and Collaboratory (HASTAC, pronounced “haystack”) is an alliance of more than 11,500 humanists, artists, social scientists, scientists and technologists working together to transform the future of learning for the 21st century. The HASTAC Scholars fellowship program is a student-driven community of graduate and undergraduate students who are working at the intersection of technology and the arts, humanities and sciences. Their work centers on rethinking pedagogy, learning, research, and academia for the digital age.
As an outgrowth of their digital project, HASTAC scholars are expected to engage with the broader scholarly community. HASTAC scholars typically:
READ MORE ABOUT THE HASTAC PROGRAM
- Blog on the HASTAC site, introducing themselves and their projects
- Report on at least ONE local relevant event - any conference, talk, art project, symposium, experiment or collaboration - during the year
- Contribute to HASTAC Scholar Discussion Forums, either by hosting or commenting.
- Build community and conversation by commenting, tweeting, covering conferences, and helping organize local meet-ups.
- Share relevant job info, fellowship opportunities, conference CFPs, and publishing opportunities.
The application deadline for 2022-2023 HASTAC Scholars is March 25, 2022. The application will open on Feb 3 and IDAH will offer pre-application consults March 1 through March 4. If you have questions about the program or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org